The Elections Timeline
- Nominations Open || Thursday 19th January (1st Week), 12 Noon
→ Nomination forms will only be processed between 11am – 1pm daily during the nomination period.
→ Large groups (4+ people) wishing to submit nominations are asked to notify the OUSU Reception team prior to arrival – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Workshop for Potential Candidates
22nd January, OUSU Meeting Room
- What is OUSU? (5-6pm)
- Self-Care During the Elections (6-7pm)
23rd January, 5-7pm, OUSU Meeting Room
- Getting Votes 101: How To Build An Online Campaign
24th January, 5-7pm, OUSU Meeting Room
- Becoming An Awesome Public Speaker
- Nominations Close || Thursday 26th January (2nd Week), 12 noon
→ You must return a completed nomination form by 12 noon or your nomination will not be accepted.
→ Any person wishing to be a candidate must provide, with their nomination form and deposit, their BOD card (University ID Card)
This will be used to verify eligibility requirements – OUSU will take a photocopy.
→ Manifestos (if submitting) must be handed in at the close of nominations BOTH in print form and electronically as a PDF.
Please email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Candidate Briefing || Thursday 26th January (2nd Week), Time/Location TBC
Please note: Attendance at this briefing is compulsory.
- Nominations published || Friday 27th January (2nd Week), 12 noon
- Campaigning Begins || Friday 27th January (2nd Week), 1pm
Please note: No campaigning can take place before this date/time.
→ All candidates are subject to a strict expenditure limit of £60.00
[!] All campaign materials must be included
[!] Materials used must not be provided at a cheaper price than available to any other candidate.
→ A proportion of your candidate expenditure can be reclaimed at the close of the elections.
Please keep ALL receipts throughout your campaign for this reason.
- Candidate Manifesto Video Filming || Monday 30th January (3nd Week), 9.30am – 4.30pm
→Please note: Optional
Candidates, if they wish, can film a one minute video of their key manifesto pledges.
Time slot booking requests will take place at the candidate briefing.
- Candidate Hustings 1 || Date TBC (3rd Week), Time, Location TBC
- Candidate Hustings 2 || Date TBC (3rd Week), Time, Location TBC
- Voting Polls Open || Tuesday 7th February (4th Week), 8am
- Voting Polls Close || Thursday 9th February (4th Week), 6pm
→ Receipts for campaign expenses must be submitted no later than 45 minutes after polls close.
- Votes counted || Thursday 9th February (4th Week)
Elections Results Party || Thursday 9th February (4th Week), from 9pm – Location TBC
- Complaints Deadline || Friday 10th February (4th Week) 6pm
The above timetable is subject to change at the discretion of the Elections Committee if necessary to ensure a fair election. Details of the results evening will be disclosed to all candidates by the Returning Officer.
Extra Notes For Candidates
If you need a hand – contact Josh (OUSU Democratic Support Officer) at email@example.com